Friday, June 18, 2010

Hello Facebook!

I'm biting the bullet tonight, taking my thesis adviser's advice and advertising on Facebook.  At least I think I am.  I've created a small ad, but the system seems to have hung on Paypal registration -- twice.  Ah well, I'll get it sussed soon enough.

So, if you've found this blog through a Facebook ad, welcome.  If you've found it through some other means, also welcome.  The blog is meant to chronicle the creative process in producing a short "film" (HD video, really) on the once-lost works of Ansel Adams, commonly called The Mural Project.

Here's the trick.  I think the film could really use some fresh footage from the national park locations that Adams used to create his amazing images -- and that takes a budget. College films, even those produced by middle-aged men with day jobs, don't often get funded by the NEA; so I'm raising road-trip money through the oldest profession: selling t-shirts, ties and posters.

Oh, and a warm welcome to fellow alumni of New York's Excelsior College.  Thank you for clicking on the Facebook ad.  I graduated from Excelsior's BA program (political science & sociology) back when the school was still called Regents College.  Excelsior/Regents students almost all have stories behind their degrees.  For me, it's earning most of the credits and graduating while on active duty with the U.S. Army in Korea.

Stay a while.  Leave a comment.  Buy a tie.  They make great Father's Day gifts.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Support Our Film

Proceeds will pay for travel to location shoots and other production expenses.